The all new Google Keyword Planner has replaced the Adwords Keyword Tool, with its unique features and user-friendly interface. The good news is that, this tool is not only beneficial for SEO purposes, but also for your PPC marketing tasks. So, let’s talk about its features a little and discuss how it can be a benefit for your online marketing tasks.
Google Keyword Planner Features?
While the old Keyword tool offered only one interface to accept and return data, Google Keyword Planner integrates three beneficial options for marketers, which are as follows:
1. Search for Keywords and Ad Group Ideas
- This is the only option which resembles the old keyword tool in functionality. Plus, it is the only option that allows you to discover new keywords; which is why SEO professionals will tend to use this option more than the other two options.
- Similar to the keyword tool, this option returns relevant keywords data, if you enter a word, phrase, landing page URL and/or a product category.
- It shows the search volume for each keyword along with its competition and the approximate Cost-Per-Click.
- For Example:
The resulting page displays ad group ideas and keyword ideas along with relevant details such as the search volume along with search trend graph, the competitions and the average CPC.
It shows both ‘Ad group Idea’ and individual ‘Keyword Ideas’, and you can add these to your ‘Plan’. This will help you temporarily store relevant and useful keyword ideas for later. Finally, when you are done selecting and adding relevant keywords to your plan, click on the ‘Review Estimates’ button to set up an ideal daily bid and budget for your selected keywords.
In the next page, after you enter the daily bid and budget; you can see the daily estimates (clicks, impressions, average position and cost) of the selected keywords in a group.
2. Enter or Upload Keywords to get Estimates
- Imagine if you have a list of keywords that are relevant to your business, and you need to know the search volume, CPC, etc. of those. This option can make your task easier and faster.
- Though this option shows valuable data related the keywords you upload, it does not show additional keyword ideas.
- Make sure you click the “Get Search Volume” button to get the relevant keyword data.
- “Get Estimates” button will take you to Adwords interface, to build ad groups and campaigns.
- For Example:
3. Multiply Keyword Lists to get Estimates
- This option makes your task more easy. Now you can use this option to combine two lists of possible keywords and use them in your ad campaigns.
- This option also shows relevant data for the resulting keywords like average CPC, monthly search volumes and competition.
- For Example:
In list 1, all the names of the products (Flower types) available are listed. In list 2, types of services offered are mentioned. The resulting keyword ideas combine the words in both the lists, thereby making it easier for you to generate and get estimates of keywords that are relevant the products and services.
Benefits of Google Keyword Planner over the old keyword tool?
There are many such beneficial features which makes Google Keyword Planner more efficient. They are as follows:
- You can target not only specific countries, but also individual cities and regions using this tool.
- It has additional keyword filtering options.
- You can now combine two sets of keywords to generate more relevant keywords for your PPC campaigns.
- Conducting a keyword research for both PPC campaigns and SEO purposes.
- Upload your own list of keywords to check for it average CPC, search volumes and more.
- It enables you to save your keyword ideas or groups (for 10 days); thereby improving your workflow.
New and yet to be explored, the Google Keyword Planner is definitely better in terms of efficiency. Its features make it more user-friendly and beneficial for SEO professionals, PPC marketer and advertisers.
To know more about Google Keyword Planner, read Adwords Blogpost
Have you started using Google Keyword Planner yet?
Share your insight below and help us and our readers learn more.